Are You Moving House from a Restricted Access Building?

Posted on Dec 18 2017 - 5:38pm by Johnny B

Everyone is well aware that a home removal can be a chore. However, the activity almost seems to be a major burden if you need to move house from a restricted access property. Indeed, moving can be a challenge, if not downright hazardous, if the proper equipment is not used.

A Damage-Free Move

If you are planning to move house from a restricted access building, you need to find a company that specialises in this type of move. Make sure that the mover features the latest in furniture removal machines so you can experience a damage-free move.

The right domestic removal company in Ely can also handle moves into restricted access buildings. The sooner you think about what needs to be moved, the easier it will be to facilitate the process. If access is a difficulty, the removal crew you use should, again, be prepared to handle the process competently.

Companies that take care of restricted access removals feature a variety of vehicles and equipment such as lifts to support your removal efforts. For instance, various vehicles are used to shuttle or tranship items to a larger moving vehicle. Equipment is also designed to transport furnishings or belongings that can only access a building through a balcony or window.

When you plan a move, you may want to take assistance from a reputed moving company similar to Atlanta Home Movers ( It might make your work easier to pack and move your belongings from your current residence to your new home.

Specialised Removals

Besides restricted access removals, movers may also specialise in areas such as piano moving and fine art and antique removals. Removals can also include relocations to one of various European destinations. Therefore, it is important to work with a removal company that handles relocations to France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and Holland. Each country has specific rules and regulations for relocation.

For example, if you are moving to France, you can import any household goods or personal effects provided that the VAT has been remitted in the EU. You will need to obtain a detailed inventory of the items you are transporting as well as a customs declaration form.

Your dog or cat can accompany you to France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, or Holland during the removal provided that it is three months old and has received a rabies vaccination 21 days before moving. If you are transporting a motorcycle or vehicle, you need to request information from the removal company about this part of the removal well in advance of your move date. Your driving licence, if issued in the EU, is valid in France and other European countries as long as there are no suspensions or endorsements.

Whether you need to gain entry or leave a restricted access building or are transporting fine antiques, you need to work with a removal company that provides all-inclusive removal services. Look for a well-recognised company that features specialised removal services and is experienced in all types of moves. By taking this approach, you can plan and prepare for moving house with increased confidence.