10 peppers (5 red, 5 yellow) diced
2 courgettes diced
1 litre water
100g pine nuts
6 portions of tuna steak (160g each preferably)
50g of honey
10ml of white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to season
30ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes and then strain.
2. Heat 15ml olive oil in one pan and add the diced peppers; heat the remaining 15 ml of olive oil in a separate pan and add courgettes — cook both slowly. When they start to soften, remove from heat, dab off any excess oil and set aside.
3. Set the oven at 180 degrees and toast the pine nuts on a baking tray for 4 minutes.
4. To make the caponata, mix the peppers, courgettes and pine nuts together with the honey and white wine vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Season the tuna steak with salt and pepper to taste, massaging in with dash of olive oil so the flavours infuse. Mark a cross on both sides of the tuna.
6. Heat a griddle pan (to a high heat) and griddle the tuna for 2 minutes on each side. Slice steaks in two and serve immediately next to the warm caponata.
Recipes from head chef Carlo Scotto at Babbo Restaurant, 39 Albemarle St, Westminster, London W1S 4JQ,babborestaurant.co.uk