There has been a long debate about the importance of coeducation versus single sex education. Both the education systems exist in the current world and both have their own benefits to the child. Schools across UK offer co-ed as well as single sex education to the students; it totally depends on the parents and the choice they make.
Benefits of a girl’s only school:
- Specific curriculum: In a single sex school, the curriculum for the girls will be designed to bring out the best interests of the child. While a boys curriculum includes longer hours of sport, girls curriculum could include painting, reading and cooking.
- Develop their interests: In an all-girls school, the child can develop her own skills and interests without being compared or judged. They can participate in activities which catch their interest and can develop the same.
- Competition is a good thing: In a single sex school, girls will ignore the gender stereotypes and develop their competitive side. They do not have to worry about the boys or being called tomboys. They do not have to compete with boys, there are only girls they need to compete with and this will develop a competitive spirit in them.
- Girls can be themselves and accept their emotional side: Girls can grow through the years of teenage without worrying about the boys or being compared to the boys. They will learn to accept themselves physically and emotionally in an encouraging environment.
- Girls’ schools empower the students to excel: Many students cannot achieve their full potential in a co-ed school. In a single sex school, the girls will be able to perform better and the curriculum as well as the activities helps them excel. The impact of peer pressure can impact all girls, which is a reason why sometimes they suppress their personality. In a single sex environment, girls can take up subjects of their choice and engage wholeheartedly in serious sports. An all-girls school will tell your daughter that nothing is off limits and girls can achieve anything they want.
The Colchester High school is a passionate education system which offers high quality education to children aged 3 to 18. It has a rich academic record and has achieved success through the years. The school has the finest campus and a learning environment which is ideal for your child. You can Contact Colchester High School to admit your child in one of the best schools in the area. The school offers the best opportunities to the child and allows them to develop their full potential. It has been known as one of the most preferred schools in the area and the private school offers high quality individualized teaching. Its admission process includes a visit of the campus before the registration of the child. This ensures that the parents are aware about the surroundings and the facilities the child will be provided with. Contact Colchester High School and book a seat for your child today!